jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Pohilko" <...@fininfor.ru>
Subject RE: increasing the load in a single machine - reg
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:02:11 GMT
Hi, Anita!

HTTP 500 Error says that your server has error, not load client. So maybe
you've reach some kind of load limit for your server. Eg database server has
connections limit and you've reached it. 500 error has some technical
explanation at your server. What's it?

С уважением,
Андрей Похилько
-----Original Message-----
From: Anitha Raj Geetha Rajendran
[mailto:AnithaRaj.GeethaRajendran@igate.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 3:49 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: increasing the load in a single machine - reg

Hi folks,

I am having an application which is of medium complexity. It has requests to
21 pages. Also uses CSV  file for user id and password. I have run the test
for 250 users on a single machine. I would like to know whether I can
increase the number of users on a single machine. My machine is having a 1
GB RAM. Also I have other applications installed on that (Eclipse, Tomcat)
and many processes are running in the back ground.

When I increase the load in a single machine the error percentage (Internal
server error 500) is becoming high. So I had to give think times for that
pages that are hitting the database. So can anyone suggest me some ways to
increase the load on a single machine without getting more errors?

Thanks and regards,
Anitha Raj

iGATE is Ranked No. 1 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.2
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry
survey of Best Companies to work for in India
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of
Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL
immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments