jmeter-user mailing list archives

From nirmal kumar <nirmalk1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification for TCPSampler - Throughput
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:25:16 GMT
Hey thanks for your response...

After digging through the logs I could find the cause for such
behavior... When ever i try to turn the thread pool to more than 10
(say 11 thread ) I get a socket broken exception
"2009/12/30 00:00:39 WARN  -
jmeter.protocol.tcp.sampler.TCPClientImpl: Write error
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket
write error
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:124)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.tcp.sampler.TCPClientImpl.write(TCPClientImpl.java:69)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.tcp.sampler.TCPSampler.sample(TCPSampler.java:305)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:346)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:243)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Write error java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection
abort: socket write error
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:124)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.tcp.sampler.TCPClientImpl.write(TCPClientImpl.java:69)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.tcp.sampler.TCPSampler.sample(TCPSampler.java:305)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:346)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:243)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Hope the above exception explains the behavior for more jmeter more
response. But now this leads a new problem.. After some goggling i
found a reference

http://old.nabble.com/TCP-Sampler-td3524656.html

I have tried to set the tcp.eolByte=136 .. But still I get the same error ..

Thanks,
Nirmal

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/12/2009, nirmal kumar <nirmalk1984@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>  I have been running Jmeter for perfomace testing of an xmpp server. I
>>  used to TCPSampler to send transaction messages. I have observed the
>>  following behaviour :
>>
>>  a) Thread Pool Increase:
>>       To begin with i have tried to send messages using single thread
>>  and measure the throughput ot be 10Messages per second. But as I
>>  started to increase the number of thread still my throughput remain
>>  the same. Can some explain me the cause for such behaviour.
>
> Perhaps the server cannot handle any more throughput.
>
>>   I have measure the CPU, I/0 utilization too.. CPU - 0.4% and I/0=>
>>  very minimal.
>>
>>  hence inorder to increase the msg/sec i tried installing more jmeter
>>  and I could see a increase the messages sent.
>>  For 1 Jmeter ==> 10Msg/sec
>>  For 3 Jmeter ==> 14.26 Msg/Sec
>>  For 5 Jemter ==> 23.4 Msg/Sec
>
> How many threads for each JMeter? How long does each run last (approx)?
>
> It should not be necessary to use multiple instances of JMeter in most cases.
>
>>  I would like to have a 300msg/sec. I don't want have too many
>>  instances of jmeter machines.
>>  Can some one help me in achieving it.
>
> It's possible to achieve much higher throughput with a single JMeter
> instance, so there must be something wrong here.
>
> How long do the TCP samples take? Do they complete successfully?
>
> The TCP Sampler is tricky to configure correctly, because there are
> lots of options - are you sure it has been set up correctly?
>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Nirmal

Regards
Nirmal