jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Carl Shaulis <cshau...@homeaway.com>
Subject Logical Assertions
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:13:17 GMT
Hello JMeter community,

I have a question regarding assertions for the samplers.  When I submit some
XML via jmeter I expect three different types of responses.  Can I set up
the assertions to be logical assertions rather than a single explicit
assert?

Assert ³ok² or assert ³no² or assert ³Stuff²

I would prefer to only use one sampler and assert that anyone of the above
three responses are present in the response data.  I could create three
thread groups and three sets of data targeting each type of response.  I
would prefer to send in random data and validate that one of these three

If I set up the test with a single assert for ³OK² my test passes since the
response data is OK.  If I add assertions for ³no² or ³stuff², then the OK
passes and the other two assertions fail.  I want the test to pass if it
finds anyone of the three values.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Carl