jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jatin Davey <jasho...@cisco.com>
Subject Extracting sessionid's from previously queried POST methods
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:46:48 GMT
Hi

I have a following sequence of HTTP Post requests :

-- Post request 1 (Does not return anything for me to extract)
-- Post request 2 (Does not return anything for me to extract)
-- Post request 3 (Here my client asks for session id by doing something
like this : serviceName=GetSession)
-- Post request 4 (Here it posts to the server with some session id like
"=*sessionid*&agentid"

All the subsequent POST requests are important for me as i pass some
values which results in data storage in the DB. I need to extract the
string : *sessionid *which is present between the '=' and '&' characters.

Please tell me how to go about this using JMeter.

Thanks
Jatin