jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accept Terms and Conditions checkbox not working through jMeter
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:10:59 GMT
Hi
whats

__utmv=236072452.authenticated%20user%2Cadministrator%3A%3A%3A%3A%3A?
Its sent by the browser but not by jmeter and seems to be security related?

Your best bet is checking out either the rendered response or
inspecting it to see if the application has given some explicit error
message or looking through the application logs to see why its not
working

regards
deepak

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> that will take time and is hard to do without reference to the application.
> However as you can see your browser is sending a redirect to some page
> whereas via jmeter you get a 200 (probably some validation has failed, or
> some data wasn't sent). In the view results tree Response Tab , if you
> render as HTML do you see any error messages? Also if your app logs some
> debug/errors you might check it to see what the app expected that it did not
> get.
>
> Again it is not necessary that there has to be a difference on this page,
> any problems in the pages leading to this page might be a source of errors
> (e.g. you must check out a content before editing it , if the check out
> fails , then even if the edit request is exactly the same , it will fail,
> this is  just an example to illustrate that you need to check every step.
> You can minimise this if you have good assertions to check the response -by
> default Jmeter will only check status codes, it wont automatically check the
> response, you must write assertions for the pages normally based on text
> present on the page. This will help you identify the problem quicker)
>
> regards
> deepak
>

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Harry_ <harjitworks@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Deepak,
>>
>> In order of simplify the things I tested another web page which does not
>> have dynamic form ID and URL.
>>
>> The web page update the content of the page. In browser I am able to
>> update
>> the content but not through jMeter.
>>
>> I have attached the HTTPLiveHeaders Data and JMeter Result Tree data file
>> along with this post. I am not able to find why I am not able to update
>> the
>> content using jmeter.
>>
>> http://old.nabble.com/file/p26626554/HTTPLiveHeadersOutput
>> HTTPLiveHeadersOutput
>>
>> http://old.nabble.com/file/p26626554/JMeterResultTreeOutput
>> JMeterResultTreeOutput
>>

>> Can you please look into this files and point out what could be the reason
>> for jmeter not updating the content.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards
>>

>> Harry_ wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks for the reply Deepak.
>> >
>> > I will try this in the morning and will let you know about the results.
>> >
>> > Regards

>> controller
>> disable
>> has
>> It
>> the
>> is

>> in

>> <http://test/acceptterms/userid/%5Bsome>random

>> processor
>> values.

Terms
>> &

>> HTTP

I click
>> on
>> can

>> url.
the
>> form
>> first

>> test

>> http://test/legal_accept/56008/3e787bed9257fd643a45a0f2c25fe1aa

>> __utmz=236072452.1259585934.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none);
>> >>> >> >>>
>> SESSdaebf48ce4666186eb29a7f5b9e90b00=3pfe3c5cfn5di2dbebivfs4at0;

>> form_build_id=form-9565758b95b12d94f330804f32f13449&form_id=legal_login&legal_accept=on&op=Confirm

>> post-check=0,

>> 20:47:31

02-Dec-2008

0

>> form_build_id=form-3b21145374b980b87ef4fd87e64f625a&form_id=legal_login&legal_accept=on&op=Confirm

>> http://test/legal_accept/56005/1c54c8bf3308d9138388b77d7b0911bf%0AAccept-Encoding

by 'Why does
>> Jmeter
>> And