jmeter-user mailing list archives

From jmltest jmltest <jmltestacco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multibyte data getting corrupted with HTTP POST - when used jmeter 2.3.4
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:48:11 GMT
Just wanted to inform :
i have set this field called :

sampleresult.default.encoding  = UTF-8

basically the properties files of jmeter have same settings as i used in
2.3RC4 .  The above one was was important and hence wanted to inform that
everything is taken care exactly same way as done with 2.3RC4.

so can you kindly help me - what is the problem with HTTP POST requests
containing multibyte data - which is going garbled.

Also one problem i noticed :
when i go to view result tree . and see under the Sample Result node ,
there the following entry is shown :

HTTPSampleResult fields:

DataEncoding: ISO-8859-1

how did this come into picture ? what is the impact of this . ? i do not see
this on older versions .  What does this mean - i do not know. Kindly
explain to me.

does 2.3.4 has any changes/bugs that has impacted POST requests handling
multibyte data.

Also FYI : GET requests with multibyte data on 2.3.4 works fine. The problem
is only with POST requests.

thanks
jml