jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rohit Kalsarpe <rohit.kalsa...@gmail.com>
Subject [newbie's question] number of queries fired by Jmeter
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:05:21 GMT
Hi,

I automated Jmeter with ANT. Following are the settings used :
Threads/Users - 5
Ramp-up - 1
Loop - Forever (script is scheduled to run for 100 seconds).

My test plan has only one Sampler (HTTP Request) which posts query to
server.
In first iteration, i saw jmeter could fire 480 threads in 100 seconds.
In second iteration, i saw jmeter could fire 80 threads in 100 seconds.
In third iteration, i saw jmeter could fire 270 threads in 100 seconds.

Why is this number varying so much ? More or less, Jmeter should fire same
number of queries (~ 500) in 100 seconds. No parameters were changed during
iterations.

--
cheers,
rohit