jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Harry_ <harjitwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Loads of Non HTTP errors in performance test
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:00:18 GMT

Hi,

I conducted a performance test with 400 users (2 mins delay in each
request).

I am getting the following Non HTTP errors for many requests:

1.
Response code: Non HTTP response code: java.net.UnknownHostException
Response message: Non HTTP response message: staging.online.org.uk

2.
Response code: Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException
Response message: Non HTTP response message: Too many open files

I have seen similar posts on these exceptions, some suggesting using HTTP
Request HTTPClient sampler. Some using latest version. Some suggesting
checking Server Limits. Some suggesting increasing the number of sockets for
jmeter.

- I am already using  HTTP Request HTTPClient sampler.
- I am having latest version of JMeter.
- The Server Limits is for supporting thousands of users.
- I do not know how to increase the number of sockets for jmeter (Can anyone
tell me how can I do that).

I am giving requests to Server via a proxy server.

Regards,
Harjit Singh