jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Harry_ <harjitwo...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use associate a different client IP address with request sent through jMeter
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:12:14 GMT

Hi,

I am giving http requests to web server using jmeter. Now my IP is sent
along with the request to the server, using which server send the response
back to the jmeter client.

Now if I have multiple IP's associated along with my machine, how can I use
a particular outbound IP for the http requests sent to Server.

What is the default behavior? Is it going to pick outbound IP at random or
will it use the same IP.

If it is picking up same IP how can I tell jmeter to use IP address in round
robin fashion, so that Server receives receives requests from each IP.

We are facing this problem where we have two machines which are putting up
load on Server, but only two web servers behind the load balancer are
getting used because of sticky sessions. That is why we are now going to
associate multiple IP's on our two jmeter machines. But I am not sure how
jmeter will pick up different IP's for sending requests. Do I need to do
some settings in jMeter in order to use all the IP associated with test
machines.

Thanks and Regards