jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jatin Davey <daveyja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording HTTPS request
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:31:34 GMT
JMUser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to record https request and followed these steps to record:
>
> 1.Created http request sampler
> 2. Created view results tree
> 3. Created HTTP cookie manager
> 4. Added HTTP Proxy Server into the workbench. started the proxy server on
> port 8081 with the HTTPS Spoofing.
> 5. opened the browser and navigate to tools->Internet
> options->connections->LAN Settings and enabled the prosy server check box
> and shanged the port to 8081
> 6.Now I started to browse my website for which I want to recoed script.
> 7.I am not seeing the actual page, it's all encrypted (Please see the
> attached image for the results).
> 8. Any suggestion to fix this isue will be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Shreshtha

Are you not able to see your website page after you enable proxy server
on JMeter ?
You said that access to your website uses HTTPS and also you have
mentioned that while recording you have used "HTTPS Spoofing". If you
have used so then to access your website you need to use "HTTP" (while
recording your tests) instead of "HTTPS" as the JMeter proxy will use
"HTTPS" when it accesses the actual secured website.

Also make sure you add the following elements in your test plan:

Cookie manager
Authorization manager

Thanks
Jatin