jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nikolay_Miroshnichenko <nikb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to save the WorkBench with the Test Plan ?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:10:31 GMT
Adrian Speteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you load your test plan again merge the proxy you have save so you can
> keep it with the loaded test plan. It's a step more than what you expected,
> but it makes it possible.
>
>>>From what I know,, the workbench is mostly for copy-paste actions and for
> the non-test elements. I find it convenient to save components of the test
> plan and merge them only when I need them in the workbench to edit some new
> test plan.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Laurent Perez <hakimm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I don't understand why saving the Test Plan does not trigger a bundled
>> backup of the WorkBench.
>>
>> For example, when I want to use the recording proxy (HTTP Proxy
>> Server), I add it to the WorkBench, following the guide at
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf.
>>
>> However, the WorkBench is not saved on shutdown, hence, I loose the
>> proxy configuration. I can save the WorkBench on its own, but then,
>> the Test Plan is not loaded.
>>
>> What's the WorkBench useful for ? I don't really get it.
>>
>> Thanks
>> laurent
>>

>> --
>> entreprise tips & tricks</a>

I don't like this separation of test plan and workbench node too.
I lost my data a couple (maybe dozen) of times, so now I'm afraid to use
workbench node any more :)

Fortunately, it's not necessary. A proxy server node can be placed under
a thread group node. And the thread group node can be disabled so that
it doesn't run.

So I'm just pressing "Ctrl+S" from time to time to be sure the whole my
testplan is saved.

--
Best Regards
Nikolay Miroshnichenko