jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: response time anomolies
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:24:15 GMT
1) do you have KeepAlive on your requests? Does your application load
anything into the session the very first time?
>What I am seeing is that the very first call ( to bring up the login page
)takes 3-4 seconds.  The rest of the calls have a normal response time.
When you say rest of the calls , do you mean the subsequent calls or the
same login calls (in different iterations). Its quite possible that a page
has different load times from the rest (you might only have a problem if the
same page shows vastly differing load times). Jmeter  does not cache
anything unless you added the Cache Manager to your test plan

>2)  I have a test that runs a report.  --  10 threads response times are
>good.   25 threads -- response times are tripple!   My question is, at what
>point does machine resources start to effect test results?
The problem could be your client or your server. An easy way to check is run
two separate Jmeter instances on two separate client machines with say half
the threads on each (so your total load is still 25 threads) at the exact
same time. if your response times are bad, then it means your server is
overloaded. If they are good , it means that your client is overloaded
(there are other ways to check this using network monitoring tools and other
os specific perf  tools, but the above is the easiest)