jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Test Setup for a web site...
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:54:11 GMT
Hi
one of the key problems that I face is simulating varying concurrent usage
accurately. e.g. when the day starts out you want this to be low and hit
peaks as people come into work and then drop off at lunch or whatever.
Specifying different thread groups is one of the ways that you simulate this
as you have pointed out.
JMeter doesn't have a way to vary thread counts in a thread group easily ,
you must setup the total number a priori and then use ramp ups or delays or
whatever.
Is there are any plans to be able to vary the number of active threads in
the threadgroup at runtime?
regards
deepak