jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mwolfe38 <mwolf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I call function passing in script variables
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:18:48 GMT

After playing around with it and reading some more documentation I figured
out how to do it.
I needed to 1. Import the right package to use a SampleResult in my script
file:
import org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleResult;

print("Including user defined functions");
wrapResponse(SampleResult  result, String prefix,String suffix) {
	log.info("Calling wrapResponse");
	encoding = result.getDataEncodingWithDefault();
	String data = prefix + (new String(result.getResponseData())) + suffix;
	result.setResponseData(data.getBytes(encoding));
}

Then I called it like this:

${__BeanShell(wrapResponse(SampleResult\,"<tiqs>"\,"<tiqs>"))}

I'm not sure how I could have accessed the prev value that is set for the
script, but the documentation said that there was a SampleResult variable
for the __BeanShell function and that did in fact work.