jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Harry_ <harjitwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance Test Setup for a web site...
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:54:44 GMT

Hi,

We need to do performance testing for our website simulating 5000 users
using jmeter and other open source tools. The following information is with
us:

- A csv file containing links and number of times that link last month. The
file is sorted according to popularity of page visited.
- With this file I can get information about average number of hits per unit
time say per minute. (estimate can be made regarding max load, min load). I
will create Scripts which will hit the site pages proportional to there
usage.
- All the requests will be http requests.
- Average size of the page will be 350 KB (including embedded objects within
the page).

Now we need answer to the following questions:

- How should performance testing of the site simulating that much user load
using Jmeter should be done?
- What should be the configuration of the machine which will simulate these
many users? (Someone suggested me 8 core@3 GHz, 16 GB machine).
- If more then one test machine is required please specify there
configuration?
- How many instances of jMeter we need to run for simulating 5000 users?
- How the result file output should be consolidated from various scripts? If
someone is using any tool for consolidating the output files please share
information regarding the same.
- Is there any tool for converting these files to some reports. I have heard
that reports can be generated using some available xslt's in ant. But that
does not work with large output files. So please suggest alternatives.
- What other things should i keep in mind for doing the performance test?

We would appreciate if someone can answer these queries based on there
experience. .

Thanks,
Harry