jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: track a variable within the response body
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:31:57 GMT
On 11/11/2009, Mike Anderson <mike_a@mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm new to jmeter and after playing around a bit I can't quite figure out
> how to do this. I want to track a variable that's in the body of the
> to attach a listener to that variable so that I can graph it's change?

You can display variables using the Debug Sampler in View Results Tree.

Or you can use a Java Sampler to return just that variable in View Results Tree.

Or you can use the __log/__logn function to copy the variable to the
jmeter.log file

Or you can add variables to JTL output files:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_variables

Or you can use a child BeanShell Listener to do whatever you want.