jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Radhika_Singireddy <Radhika_Singire...@mahindrasatyam.net>
Subject RE: OutofMemory-Heap Space
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 05:58:00 GMT
Ok..I have monitored the server memory usage.
I will try to reduce the listeners(View Results tree) and check for the response..also how
can I release or free up the memory occupied by jmeter?

Regards
Radhika Singireddy

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:22 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: OutofMemory-Heap Space

No this error is due to jmeter not having memory (its possible jmeter code
may have a leak but it is more likely that your listeners cause this issue)
>Because by monitoring different metrics I found that the memory usage graph
value is maintained as constant and after a small >duration jmeter is
stopping the execution.
What did you monitor? You would need to check JMX console for this process.
If you measure OS memory you will see it as constant.
When you startup JMeter (or any Java process), it will allocate Xms memory
and can grow upto Xmx (ignoring other things like perm gen etc). Typically
Xms = Xmx and the Operating System will show you that constant memory is
being used (say 512MB for java). The heap out of memory means that all 512Mb
has been used up but the java app still needs more memory (but it cant grow
beyond Xmx , hence the exception)
regards
deepak

DISCLAIMER: