jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Carl Shaulis <cshau...@homeaway.com>
Subject Re: Analyzing results: Load Time vs. Latency
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:40:01 GMT
Interesting observation!

My opinion would be that load time is time between the first byte to the
last byte.

Latency is the time between initiating the request and terminating the
request.

The should be similar, but your data would imply that the request is
terminated before all of the data are loaded, which does not make much sense
to me unless they are simply two unique timers.

I am curious as to what the community thinks.

Carl