jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gokulakannan Somasundaram <gokul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating Monitoring stuff
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 13:09:05 GMT
I started working on this and i was looking into the source code of JMeter.
Here are my initial observations.

a) My aim is to display the profiling stuff in the form of current Summary
Report. This is because, this is how even other profiling tools display
info.

b) This requires a RMI Server at the SUT(Server Under Test)

c) It can be made to generate a SamplerResult and send it back to the JMeter
GUI. This is similar to Remote Testing, but the problem is that i find the
configuration for one machine in the RemoteTesting is the same as another.
For example, it is not possible for me to mention different threading
configurations for different machines involved in Remote Testing

So i feel a clean design would be to implement profiling is to
a) Implement variable load facility as mentioned above in  (c)
b) Subclass SamplerResult to ProfilerResult, so that it is skipped by the
rest of the visualizers. Actually, if we make it look like a normal sample,
then creating GUI Elements specific to profiling results will not be
possible.

Any thoughts/comments?

Gokul.