jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sudheer reddy <gsudheer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uploading file
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:35:05 GMT
 Hi Sebb

  I have a file on my local machine, i have given full path of the  file and
paramete r name in send files request table in http request in jmeter when i
run this script in jmeter it is not uploading file . When i check
the request sent to server  in view results tree  the file path is having
only file name instead of full path of the file.

I have recorded the same scenario using badboy and and run the request for
uploading file  on badboy it is working fine and file is uploading .I have
imported the same script (uploading file)  to jmeter  and run the uploading
file script on jmeter it is not happening .

let me know if u required more details and also my script file  so that i
can send u my file .

rgds
Sudheer

> [...]
>
> So are you saying that the browser sends the full path?
> If so, why did you need to change the sampler?
>
> If the browser is not sending the full path, why do you want JMeter to do
> so?
>
> It's very difficult to debug the problem unless you explain clearly
> what you tried, what you expected to happen, and what actually
> happened.
>

> >  On 10/11/09, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > So what does "it"  refer to here: "... it is not sending the full path
> >  > of the file"
> >  >
> >  > On 11/10/2009, sudheer reddy <gsudheer.08@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > > i have added the path in the  filepath in "*send files with the
> request*"
> >  > >  table in http request sampler
> >  > >
> >  > >
> >  > >  On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > >
> >  > >  > On 11/10/2009, sudheer reddy <gsudheer.08@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > >  > > Hi sebb
> >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >   I have added the right path when i see the response it is
> taking
> >  > only
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > Where did you add the path?
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > What is "it"?
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > >  filename but not full path of the file .
> >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >  On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >  > On 11/10/2009, sudheer reddy <gsudheer.08@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >  > >  > >  > > Hi Sebb
> >  > >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >  > >  Thankyou sebb
> >  > >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >  > >    I  have analysed the request sent to server
it is not
> >  > sending the
> >  > >  > full
> >  > >  > >  > >  path of the file. can you assist in fixing this
issue .
> >  > >  > >  >
> >  > >  > >  > Just add the appropriate path to the sampler
> >  > >  > >  >
> >  > >  > >  > >  rgds
> >  > >  > >  > >  Sudheer
> >  > >  > >  > >
> >  > >  > >  > >  On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:25 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
> >  > wrote:
> >  > >  > >  > >  >  On 08/10/2009, sudheer reddy <gsudheer.08@gmail.com>
> >  > wrote:
> >  > >  > >  > >  > > Hi All
> >  > >  > >  > >  > >  I am  tring to upload  files from
 http request  by