jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ronan Klyne <ronan.kl...@groupbc.com>
Subject Re: Run sampler in only one thread at a time.
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:50:06 GMT
Deepak Shetty wrote:
> hi
> as far as I know , you cannot directly do this in JMeter.
> However if you get an identifiable error message when your controller user
> attempts to login (if there is already a controller logged in), then you
> might be able to poll in a loop.

Unfortunately, logging in a second time will invalidate the first
session, and the tests using that first session will fail.

I'm starting to think about using a Beanshell timer and post-processor
to manage a semaphore type lock, but that's really hacky and prone to
errors.
The same could be said for writing a CGI script to handle the
synchronisation with delayed http responses and sampling that.

> I guess you could also decouple the controller as a separate thread group
> and base a final test on how many reports he received v/s how many he should
> have

I'd like to be able to do this in the same thread so as to have the
posted data in memory when I do the comparison. I suppose that I could
always write that out to a file....