jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jatin Davey <jasho...@cisco.com>
Subject JMeter downloading more data than the browser
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:38:43 GMT
Hi All

I have some HTTP Post requests that need to be sent to the server which
return some data. The catch here is that :

-- First HTTP Post request download 38319 bytes of data
-- Second HTTP Post request downloads the same 38319 bytes of data

But when i observed this using the traffic analyzer i could see that
only the first request downloads that much data while the next request
downloads only 529 bytes of data. I want to make sure that i dont kill
my server as i intend to run 300 concurrent users. So i am just making
sure i am testing with one thread correctly.

one more thing to add which i feel might help is that i have one HTTP
request defaults sampler which has the following option selected
"Request all embedded resources from HTML files"  , i am just thinking
will this affect in any way.

Please let me know the solution for it.

Thanks
Jatin