jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Wang -T (harwang - at Cisco)" <harw...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: how can I use test data in Jmeter Script
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:57:54 GMT
Can I use JDBC request sampler to retrieve data and pass it to a HTTP
request?

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:54 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: how can i use test data in Jmeter Script

If you mean the test is the same , but the data is varied (e.g. all
users
perform search but the data they search for is different)
you can use CSV data set config / User Parameters to store the data that
is
sent. each thread will read a different row from the CSV (assuming you
set
up the share options that way)

if you want to change the actual test for different users (e.g. 10 users
perform search and 90 users click home page) then you'd have to combine
the
above with the various controller available (read the user manual)

regards
deepak