jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log playback
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 02:30:55 GMT
Ha , I gave up on this as an insolvable problem, hence the curiosity.
The thread group as it exists on JMeter cant be dynamically resized(at least
as far as I know). Which meant that either I would have to go with a fixed
number of threads (equal to the maximum concurrent usage at any given point
of time) and have the threads sleep /delayed when the usage wasn't that
high. Or that I would have to generate the JMX file(probably by XSLT) with
some sort of scheme like an 8 hr day would be split up into 15 min intervals
. Where each interval = 1 thread group or something like that. Couple this
with the fact that all requests for the same session would need to be tied
to the same thread made me give up on a general web solution for this(since
most logs dont have this information). You may have better luck if you are
restricting yourself to a solution for Solr which doesnt have sessions(as
far as i know ).

regards
deepak

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsiasf@gmail.com> wrote:

> My first thought is to get playback working, then think about concurrent
> usage.   I could also drop the timing part of it and just use the queries as
> drivers for the other load capabilities in JMeter.
>
> However, ideas welcome.  Your suggestions are both reasonable, so maybe the
> answer is: let the user decide when setting up the test.
>

> On Oct 15, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Deepak Shetty wrote:
>
>  out of curiosity how are you planning on determining the concurrent usage?
>> e.g. if you have 10 entries in the log for a minute would you have that as
>> 2
>> threads into 5 requests or 5 threads into 2 or whatever?
>> regards
>> deepak
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsiasf@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't actually have a CSV file, I was hoping to just give JMeter the
>>> raw
>>> log.  I have code that parse Solr logs, so I figured maybe there is a way