jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using variable in a RegExp extractor
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 00:57:08 GMT
On 02/10/2009, cmrz <cmrz@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  THAT WORKED !!!!   thank you!
>
>  can you please tell me why that worked ?  what does adding the extra \ do?

When parsing the string for function references, certain characters
(such as $) are treated specially. E.g. if one wants to enter the
string ${X} and not have it treated as a variable reference, it needs
to be entered as \${X}. However the \ must then be removed. Using \\$
means that the final string will contain \$.

If the string does not contain any function/variable references, it is
used as is.