jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help to load application using 500 concurrent users
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:11:43 GMT
I think that it might be something about connections not getting
closed properly (this has been discused). I got to the point that i
ran out of sockets because of this, but in your case, since tomcat
only accepts a little number of connections, it is easy to run out of
open connections and you get a connection refused instead.

The solution is to adapt your test plan. I haven't re-tested properly
to be sure of this, but I did some tweaks to the tests and
test-environments and I didn't encountered the problem anymore.

Try this first: set a larger number of maxThreads (like 1000) in
tomcat, and run a shorter-period test. Does the number of errors
decrease even more? Than you might be in the same situation as I was.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Mytho Logic <maumita.majumdar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried with 550 threads in tomcat for 500 concurrent users. But not
> succeed.
>
> Jmeter Client:-
> System: Windows XP Professional Verison 2002 SP2
> Computer: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 Ghz 1.86 GHz, 1.97 GB of RAM
>
> Jmeter Server:-
> System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Verison 2003 SP2
> Computer: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130 @ 2.00 Ghz 2.00 GHz, 8.00 GB of RAM
>
> Thanks
> Maumita
>

> 2009/9/11 Jakub Białek <ragnor84@gmail.com>
>
>> If you have 500 (truly) concurrent users then you need at least 500
>> threads in tomcat, try with 550 thread.
>>
>> You run jmeter on windows or linux os?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jakub
>>
>> 2009/9/11 Mytho Logic <maumita.majumdar@gmail.com>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I changed the maxthreads limit in tomcat server.xml to 400 and tried the
>> > same testplan again..but few sample requests gets failed and throws
>> > exception.
>> > what should I do to solve the problem.
>> >
>> > Exception:-
>> >
>> > java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>> >    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>> >    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>> >    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>> >    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>> >    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
>> >    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
>> >    at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
>> >    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:382)
>> >    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:494)
>> >    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:231)
>> >    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:304)
>> >    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:316)
>> >    at
>> >
>> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:817)
>> >    at
>> >
>> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:769)
>> >    at
>> >
>> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:694)
>> >    at
>> >
>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:431)
>> >    at
>> >
>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1021)
>> >    at
>> >
>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1007)
>> >    at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:290)
>> >    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Maumita

>> Connection

Detail