jmeter-user mailing list archives

From murthy gandikota <murthy_gandik...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: file upload problem
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:59:27 GMT
There are no errors in Jmeter when the file attachment request was processed.
The file attachment is not going through to the server. The backend is a servlet that extracts
the attachment and saves in DB. I verify that the file is uploaded against the DB.

Ignoring all else:
I would like to know how can I record a file attachment using Jmeter proxy? All of my tests
have shown me that the file attachment is not going through.

Thanks & Regards
Murthy

________________________________
From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
To: JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:49:12 AM
Subject: Re: file upload problem

2009/9/24 murthy gandikota <murthy_gandikota@yahoo.com>:
> The app works fine with Fiddler. The Jmeter's  HTTP Proxy  is blocking the file attachment.

What do you mean by "blocking"?
Is there an error reported in the HTTP Response or jmeter log file?
If so, what?

We can't help if you don't tell us what happened.

> I don't know what else to try.

Just add the appropriate sampler without using the Proxy.
Also see

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour

> I'd appreciate your help.

You need to provide enough information to allow others to help.