jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording issues
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:17:57 GMT
hi
Some factors are
a. Cookie managers/ session ids / authorization related data (e.g. old
session ids in the url)
b. dynamic data that is dependent on the previous step (e.g. __Viewstate in
asp.net , duplicate form submit tokens )
c. Inherent unrepeatability of certain tests (e.g. registering with the same
userid , you need to parameterize)
d. Javascript driven dynamic fields etc.

see also
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour
which is related.

The recording of script is just to give you a head start - its rarely the
finished script that you should run. You should inspect what the script
does, what data needs to be parameterized, what assertions need to be added
, etc.
regards
deepak