jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie, guidance on WMS
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:01:05 GMT
>I need to log the time taken by each request when 100/200/300/400/500
>concurrent requests are made. Hope the logger can do that.
Yes.

>when i have 5 users (threads) and 50 users (threads), the througput is
>same 12/sec. Now how do I explain the user concurrency,  load /
>stress?
See explanation on throughput curves.
http://books.google.com/books?id=HTX8DyD0WzkC&pg=PA12&lpg=PA12&dq=throughput+curve&source=bl&ots=7qYRIZiPX9&sig=7UoxT-8gpbmqWwwUcu0aROe_QWA&hl=en&ei=1X6mSqLyHpDK_gbMgvC-CQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5#v=onepage&q=throughput%20curve&f=false

You have reached your throughput 'plateau' and need to check response times
as well..

>How to measure the load / stress on the server?
Thats server specific, your O.S. will give you tools to do this. (e.g.
perfmon on windows, vmstat on unix , other tools ).
regards
deepak