jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sander A. Smith" <smit...@sericontech.com>
Subject Replacing Selenium with JMeter within a Java application
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:00:30 GMT
I have a Java application that I'm using to drive tests that's based on
Selenium. I record the test with Selenium IDE, and then spit the test out as
Java code that I compile into my application. My tests consist of visiting
several web pages, and as the test progresses, the next page visited may be
determined by the contents of the current page. All of the statistics I need
for timing are handled by my application.

I'm finding that Selenium is not as scalable as my needs dictate, and I'm
considering replacing it with JMeter since it's so much faster and scalable.
However, I'm having a hard time finding the right documentation to determine
if it will meet my needs.

I've played around with JMeter and see that it works great recording my test
as a .jmx file. I'd like to now take this .jmx file and replay it through my
application. I've looked through the JMeter JavaDoc, but can't quite figure
out where to start. I want to issue a command to load a page, and then based
on what's in that page, issue a command to load another page, etc.
Anyone have any ideas or examples for how to do this?

--
Sander A. Smith
President

Sericon Technology Inc.
71 Marquette Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M6A 1X8
(416)781-3988

Link to me on LinkedIn
www.linkedin.com/in/sandersmith

Learn about enterprise security for home-based servers
www.autossl.com

www.sericontech.com