jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: How to copy/clone ThreadGroup or single esections WITH all settings inside to another *.jmx TestPlan?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:45:27 GMT
Right click on a single element (e.g. Thread Group) and "Save Selection As..."

Then in the second test plan, right click on the parent of where you want the element (Test
Plan is your importing a Thread Group) and select "Merge "

Regards,
Noel

----- "Ben Stover" <bxstover@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Assume I have setup a comprehensive Testplan with a lot of ThreadGroups and many detail
settings.

> Now I want to do the following:
>
> 1.) Copy/Clone one complete ThreadGroup to another TestPlan WITH ALL setting values inside

> or
>
> 2.) Copy/clone only one section (e.g. Counter, JMS-Point-to-point,...) WITH ALL setting
values inside to another
> another TestPlan.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> I would have expected that I can mark one or multiple ThreadGroups or sections, then
right-click on one of them and choose a
> context menu similar to "export marked settings to clipboard/file".
>
> Conversly in the other *.jmx TestPlan I can mark the TestPlan or ThreadGroup where I
want to insert something, then rightclick and choose "import settings".