jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Jmeter RegEx PostProcessor
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:52:23 GMT
On 23/09/2009, Mark Stephen S. Florencio
<stephenflorencio@asti.dost.gov.ph> wrote:
> Good day.
>
>  Hello sebb, I will now answer your inquiries.
>
>  1. I expect to see a very long string of random numbers and letters. As I said, I put
a debug sampler on top of the sampler where the viewState variable is used. I inspected it
and it was stored as a parameter I will be using. However when I looked at what the sampler
passed as a parameter for its POST, the viewstate variable became "%24%7BjsfViewState%7D+".

Which is

"${jsfViewState} "

looks like the variable name is incorrect. Probably should not have a
trailing space in the value column either.

>  I have not tried to uncheck encode and will do it now. Will keep you posted for the
results.

>  2. As for the reqex it is this
>
>  <input type="hidden" name="javax\.faces\.ViewState" id="javax\.faces\.ViewState"
value="(.+?)" />

>  Thank you and best regards,
>

>  Stephen Florencio

how to setup tests for JSF applications. I am having problems with the viewState variable
discussed in the article.
>  >
>  >  I looked at the Debug Sampler and it was able to get it(viewState variable) but
something was weird because the sampler that uses that viewState variable keeps on failing.
When I look at the request data for the sampler that will use the viewState variable, the
viewState variable looks like this.:
>  >
>  >  javax.faces.ViewState=%24%7BjsfViewState%7D+
>  >
>  >  Which is totally wrong. But I did look at the Debug Sampler placed directly above
it and it got what I would expect.