jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Jmeter RegEx PostProcessor
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:21:15 GMT
On 22/09/2009, Mark Stephen S. Florencio
<stephenflorencio@asti.dost.gov.ph> wrote:
> Good day,
>
>  I have a question on how the RegEx Post Processor work.
>
>  I have a JSF application under test. I followed the article in the Wiki about how to
setup tests for JSF applications. I am having problems with the viewState variable discussed
in the article.

>  I looked at the Debug Sampler and it was able to get it(viewState variable) but something
was weird because the sampler that uses that viewState variable keeps on failing. When I look
at the request data for the sampler that will use the viewState variable, the viewState variable
looks like this.:

>  javax.faces.ViewState=%24%7BjsfViewState%7D+
>
>  Which is totally wrong. But I did look at the Debug Sampler placed directly above it
and it got what I would expect.

What do you expect to see?

>  Could ayone knowledgeable explain what or why this is happening?

How are you adding the variable to the sampler?
If it is a parameter, have you selected "Encode?" - if so, try deselecting it.

>  I exactly followed the regex given in the Wiki.

Which regex?