jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to countinue with the test without wating to the HTTP response
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:52:38 GMT
On 15/09/2009, omri suissa <omrivm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a special HTTP case I want to test using JMeter.
>  1) send request to get tokens
>  2) read the response and send requests using the response tokens
>  3) read the response and send requests in loop using the response tokens
>  But here is the catch, one (type) of the loop requests is taking a lot of
>  time (this is ok by me) and i want to test to continue and not to wait to
>  the response, i can create another group of threads but then i don't know
>  how i can get the first request tokens (response).

JMeter samplers all issue a request and wait for the response.
It does not support asynchronous protocols.

You can use the While Controller to repeat a sampler until suitable
condition occurs that signals the end of the wait.

Also, JMeter requires all thread groups to be defined before the start
of the test.