jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple users/threads using the same CSV variable value
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:46:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:50 AM, wsmith84<tobymartindale@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a CSV file I'm reading in delay times from for start times for a soap
> message sampler
>
> basically I'm trying to first recreate actual usage of a web service by
> setting
> up a csv file with a variable called 'startTime' that contains the times
> when the web service was called,
> and later have a flexible way to simulate more traffic -
> I'd like to add more users but each user reads a new line from the
> cvs file - instead of having to create a new CSV file with more start times,
> I'd like to use the same one but add some time increment
> to each value.

first of all, in the csv data set config, set the sharing mode to
CSV independently of the other threads).

> ideally if user1 could read the variable from the line from the CSV file,
> and the next user (user2) could add some time increment to the value
> that user1 read and use that as its delay.
>
> so if my CSV file of start times looks like:
> 1200
> 1500
> 2500
>
> user1 would fire off the sampler at 1200, 1500, and 2500 milliseconds,
> and user2 would fire off the same sampler at 1400, 1700, and 2700  (adding
> 200
> milliseconds to the delay times of user1)

since the value you choose to increment is static, 200ms in the
example above, a counter config element would also be in order (config
element on version 2.3.4, in 2.3.2 was a pre-processor). you set
increment value to 200.

give each user the value of startTime + counterValue by using the
__intSum function.

use the debug sampler to see what timeout values you give for various
users in a small test (3-5 users) and if it works use it for as many
users as you need.