jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter and its applications
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:16:17 GMT
Its not just the memory , its also the CPU (which is dependent on what your
test is doing), also the network bandwidth you have available on your
machine and various other factors . Your results might be worse than actual
if your mac cant handle the load its generating. Your results might be
better than if your mac doesnt actually manage to generate the load (because
it is too slow)
Monitor your mac and see its health , if its health look good while jmeter
is running , then you should be fine...
My rule of thumb is 25 threads per machine and upto 50 in a pinch (but im on
windows :) )

You should run your test in Non GUI mode and disable most listeners and
process the resulting .jtl file after your test is done. Also your heap
memory (specified in jmeter.sh/bat should have -Xmx as 512Mb or so)

>Also, can JMeter test an encrypted site? if so how can it be done
If you mean an SSL site then yes. Just choose the protocol as https in your
HTTP Samples

regards
deepak