jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do Jmeter Support Java Script calls..?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:29:22 GMT
well since this question was re-re-asked (again :) ), here goes nothing:

  how practical with you consider using the __javaScript() function in
this type of situations? (or any other way to process client side
actions when they are strictly needed)
( I am thinking of situations were the application might be so
obfuscated that without running a certain js you cannot generate a
certain variable value to pass back to the server, so whatever you do,
your requests will never be well formatted or complete. would it be
recommended/possible to adapt that js to what JMeter recognises / can
do? )

I encountered this problem with applets: all apparent requests
encountered in proxy server were replicated and I even managed to get
the id's right  for all applet elements and for repository resources.
however, the application returned null pointer exception for one of
the most simple request of all.
I got the help of two developers and we found one variable expected
from the applet, no appropiate value was found in all the traffic
recorded, so they assumed that it is sent directly from the applet to
the server (I have my doubts on that but could not prove them wrong).
so, the test simply didn't act like the application no matter what.