jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing swing based applications
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:49:56 GMT
Hi
how is the data exposed to the GUI? If you have a JBoss server it should be
EJB (java sampler) or webservices(webservice sampler), which you can test
out from jmeter.  You can also use JDBC requests if you want to simulate
some load on your database.

With Jmeter you can only test out the response times that a client would
see. If by performance of the server you mean CPU/memory statistics then you
need a separate tool to monitor those attributes(depending on the OS and
what you want to monitor) while your load test is being run

regards
deepak