jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Jmeter record and playback
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:49:01 GMT
Recording scenarios using login needs you to check all the session id /
cookies correctly and modify your test accordingly (typically if the session
id is in the url you need to drop this from the test and code your test to
pick up these values dynamically OR if the app uses cookies for the session
id , then it should be as simple as adding a Cookie manager to your test).
There are numerous threads that deal with this issue , look through the
archives of this forum.

If this still doesnt solve your problem , you need to compare what your
browser sends with what your test sends. For the browser use any tool like
LiveHttpHeaders, HTTPWatch etc, for your test , enable the View results in
tree and look at the request/response.

>Clear the browsing history(Cookies, FormData, TempFiles) in the machine
This should have no impact on Jmeter. It *might* make a difference while
recording the script though, as the browser might not make a request to the
proxy for cached pages , normally you should start with a clean browser
while recording the script

regards
deepak