jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with response time (URL and Enbedded Resources)
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:52:52 GMT
Hi
asked many times on this list , you can look through the archives.
The summarised answer is none of them(mostly somewhere in between or worst
case slightly more) , and also depends on what you mean by response time. A
browser would not download all files in a single thread (I believe IE's
restriction is two threads per domain), if you had already visited the site
some of the images/js/css might be cached(so first time access will be
slower than subsequent access). This doesnt include render time within a
browser (which may or may not be significant e.g. a DHTML heavy site)
If you use firefox with TamperData /YSlow  you can get a graph of how the
browser is making the requests (what gets done in parallel/serial etc) and
calculate your response times if you are really enthusiastic.
regards
deepak