jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying data while filling forms and basic Jmeter help
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:04:22 GMT
Its very difficult to diagnose your problem when the only information you
provide is that it didnt work and you got an error

Attach a View Results Tree listener and observe the requests you are making
and the responses you are getting and see where the problem lies . Ensure
that all your tests have assertions so you can figure out the first place of
failure easily.

also take a look at what the error actually is
e.g. if your CSS file gace you a 404 error its likely that this is a problem
with your site(the browser would ignore this error) if you have recorded the
test, if it gave a 401 it might mean that your login probably didnt work.

You can also compare what your test does with what the browser does (using
any browser sniffing tool like HTTPWatch or LiveHTTPHeaders)

See
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__Random
for the random function