jmeter-user mailing list archives

From annie35 <ni...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: [JMeter] BeanShell Sampler using a script file
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:36:10 GMT

It doesn't work :-(

I created a "BeanShell Sampler". I fill the following fields of it:

(1) - Parameters(-> String Parameters and String []bsh.args) : ${MyParam}
(2) - Script file : scripts/getChannelList.bsh
(3) - Script (see below for variables that are defined) :

     // I invoke my Function like this :
vars.put("out.updatePackage.channelNames",getChannelList(vars.get("in.updatePackage.channelNames")));

I read on the JMeter website that the (3)-"script Field" is read only if (2)
is empty, so I create a "Post Processor Beanshell" Where I put in script
field:

vars.put("out.updatePackage.channelNames",getChannelList(vars.get("in.updatePackage.channelNames")));

And call those two JMeter object, but In my JMeter.log, I got an error like
this :

2009/07/21 18:14:56 ERROR - jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter: Error invoking
bsh method: eval	Sourced : Command not found: getChannelList(
java.lang.String )

What missing ? Where do I define my Function ? and how?

thanks, I hope it is more clearly

annie35

Deepak Shetty wrote:

> Sorry I think I wasnt clear. You had two options
>
> a. Use __Beanshell. So you'd write a script that calls your function which
> does a return getChannelList() or whatever value you want returned and
> then
> use ${__BeanShell(source("yourscript.bsh"))} to get this value , (You
> wouldnt need the beanshell sampler)
>
> OR
>
> b. Continue using your beanshell sampler, however instead of returning the
> vaue, in the bean shell script do something like
> vars.put("result",getChannelList());
> and in your test use ${result}
>
> regards
> deepak
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM, annie35 <nie_h@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

>> Thank you for your answer,
>> You mean when I call the beanshell function like this :
>> ${__getChannelList(vars.get("${myparam}"))};  ?
>>
>>  if I put this call directly in the script field of the BeanShell Sampler
>> it
>> doesn't work also when I create a post or a pre beanshell.
>>
>> Where can I call the BeanShell ? and how ?
>>
>> annie35
>>

>> Deepak Shetty wrote:
>> >
>> > hi
>> > I dont think you can do what you want directly
>> > The returned value is used when you call the BeanShell function using
>> ${*
>> > __BeanShell*(...)}
>> > If you want a value stored into the variable use vars.put("name",value)
>> > in
>> > your function instead of using the return value.
>> > regards
>> > deepak
>> > .

>> and