jmeter-user mailing list archives

From blackgaff <joseph.kill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: asserting PDF responses?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:32:08 GMT

This is handy for asserting what KIND of file was returned, but is there a
way to assert against text WITHIN the PDF? IE, I want to create an assertion
that tells me if the rendered document contains the word "free bird".

The aforementioned solution involves using an HTTP sampler to retrieve
the PDF file, checking the response to ensure that it starts with a
standard PDF header, "%PDF-1.4" or something similar.

If the response doesn't start with a PDF header, then there has likely
been an error, and you have not been given a PDF file.