jmeter-user mailing list archives

From ziohausam <ziohau...@gmail.com>
Subject How to distinguish performance drawback source
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:03:51 GMT

Hello All,

I have a Question.

I use Jmeter in my Performance test execution.

Actually i always face drawback when number of users increases and of course
this is normal.

what is not normal is that while i check the performance live with the test
execution running, i open a browser session for navigating the web
application and i can't find any drawbacks. also i try this from different
PCs, and no noticeable drawbacks.

For example:
in the testing tool, some request takes 2 seconds with 1 user. and 90
seconds with 75 users running with ramp-up period 40 seconds. that's fine
that's a noticeable drawback. but actually when i use the same PC or any
different PC to call this request though the browser while it is processed
by the test tool, i find no noticeable drawbacks.

How can i explain this? how can i understand this, and also how can i
distinguish performance drawback source (server, application, client machine
hardware or bandwidth, etc)

I had sent this post before in QA forums and had really helpful ideas to
explain the reason, but they still do not represent the real cause as i have
checked all suggestions and found every thing is ok. i hope i can find more
ideas and explanations here too
am
Note: as i am only a beginner  using JMETER. most possibly is that i am
missing something configuring my tool or test execution process.

Regards,
Hosam