jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Scott McFadden" <SMcFad...@criticaltech.com>
Subject jmeter remote management?
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:59:05 GMT
Does JMeter have any auto discovery functionality for other jmeter
instances on the network?    Can you instruct a JMeter remote instance
which test plan to run (UNC path or URL to a shared test plan) from a
master JMeter instance?

The reason I ask is because I have a simple .NET based WCF load tester
that allows you to run distributed load test agents as NT services and
auto discover these distributed load testers via UDP broadcast.   Once
you discover them, you can remote control them from a master GUI and
instruct them which test plans to run.    This makes it very easy to
push new tests out to the distributed testers.

Is there a good way to do this in JMeter?

Thanks