jmeter-user mailing list archives

From AL BUNDY <z004...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Stored Procedure failure on JDBC test run
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:56:08 GMT

Yes,
I just tried using that CALL - technique instead of BEGIN and get - : java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-00911: invalid character.  Ref says its for Apache derby.

Also tried using EXEC or EXECUTE  before but made to understand those are for diff SQL ..
I'm using Oracle db.  So is it that there are multiple ways to call a proc on jmeter then?
Given the 3 examples I described, am still unsure if there is a right or wrong way.
Can one of the examples just be modified to the correct format or tell me what to correct
so I know the right syntax?

Thanks again

> Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:14:21 +0100
> Subject: Re: Stored Procedure failure on JDBC test run
> From: sebbaz@gmail.com
> To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
>
> On 04/06/2009, AL BUNDY <z004836@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> >  Thanks for your response. I'm afraid that link points to the way to create a simple
SQL query. I already did that and now need to do the stored procedure that triggers multiple
SQL queries.

> >  I guess my issue is how to do the right SYNTAX with Jmeter.  I understand the concept
and logic, just need to know the actual required way to write the proc.

> The referenced document has just such an example, though with more
> than one parameter:
>
> CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE (null,?, ?, null, null, null)
>
> Have you tried calling your stored procedure using that syntax?
>
> >  Thanks
> >

> >  > >  Hello,
> >  > >  I am attempting to run an existing stored procedure on Jmeter
> >  > >  passing a variable to it. I keep getting diff exception errors on the
> >  > >  result tree using these 3 popular commands.
> >  > >
> >  > >
> >  > >  1- BEGIN
> >  > >  GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP(); end;  Throws SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1,
> >  > >  column 7: PLS-00201: identifier 'GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP' must be declared
> >  > >  (On this one,  I placed the variable  in the lower Jmeter cell as
> >  > >  VARCHAR)
> >  > >
> >  > >  2-DECLARE
> >  > >  sireT7@WTC.com VARCHAR(40);
> >  > >  BEGIN SYSTEM_ADMIN_PKG.GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP(); Throws : java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-06550: line 3, column 7:
> >  > >  PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP
> >  > >
> >  > >  3- BEGIN GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP(sireT7@WTC.com);END; throws : java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-06550: line 3, column 7:
> >  > >  PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP
> >  > >
> >  > >  Also should I include the package name on the path? BEGIN SYSTEM_ADMIN_PKG.GET_USER_BY_EMAIL_SP;
> >  > >  This throws: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306:
wrong number or types of arguments.
> >  > >  Im not sure if/when to insert the variable on the parameter value/type
below and just been testing both ways to no avail.