jmeter-user mailing list archives

From QA Echo <qae...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a replace function in JMeter?
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:11:14 GMT
I have a use case where I have a set of SOAP samplers in a For Each
Controller. In each iteration for the same SOAP action I want to use
different SOAP data. So I can have the data in different files instead of
pasting the data in the SOAP Data section and include a counter in the
filename such that for each iteration it uses a different filename for the
same action.
However some of the content in the data is dynamically generated by the
previous SOAP actions. I cannot include variables in the content in the
files, because they don't get resolved.
So I was wondering if there is a replace function that will replace certain
text from the input file with some other text. I am not familiar with
BeanShell scripts, if this can be done with bean shell scripts.

I think one way to get around this would be to put an Interleave or Random
Controller inside the For Each Controller with as many samplers for the SOAP
action as the number of different SOAP data that I want to use. But it's not
ideal if I want to use many different SOAP data.

Thanks.