jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject xpath extractor issue
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:35:02 GMT

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a weird problem with an XPath Extractor in Jmeter 2.3.2
r665936. The Xpath query I am using is -

//*[local-name()='MailboxItem'][*[local-name()='TransactionId']="${TX_ID}"]//
*[local-name()='MailboxId']

The problem seems to be with the use of the variable ${TX_ID} - this is set
up previously in my script. The variable is being set up correctly and I can
see if I cause the full XPath query to be output to the logs it as I would
expect. An example query is -

//*[local-name()='MailboxItem'][*[local-name()='TransactionId']="fd3dd7cb-dfe
c-490d-a4bb-120532d24191"]//*[local-name()='MailboxId']

However, when I run the test with the query containing the variable, it is
extracting nothing. However, if I change it to have a literal value like the
example above - where I know the literal will be in the XML being queried (I
have to hack my application to do this)- then the extractor works fine.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? This is an old test script I'm
reusing, and it used to work previously. I'm not sure what version I was
running it on last time I can remember it working, but I think it was the
same version.

Thanks,

Adrian

Please note that Revenue cannot guarantee that any personal
and sensitive data, sent in plain text via standard email,
is fully secure. Customers who choose to use this channel
are deemed to have accepted any risk involved. The alternative
communication methods offered by Revenue include standard post
and the option to register for our (encrypted) secure email service.
http://www.revenue.ie/en/practitioner/secure-email.html