jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CORBA Sampler
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:26:16 GMT
On 02/06/2009, Toni Cebrián <ancechu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     From the archives I've seen that this question has been asked a lot
>  before but, is somebody working on implementing a CORBA Sampler for JMeter?

Don't know.

>  Any work done until now that I can reuse? Any tips or advices?

Have a look at a sampler which does something similar.

I don't know how complicated CORBA is.
It might be possible to prototype it using the BeanShell sampler, and
then use the code in a new sampler.

>  Related, what
>  is the best way to dig into the code of JMeter?

Read the source ;-)

>  Is Eclipse the IDE of choice?

Probably ;-)

> I am confortable with Maven so if there is a port to that environment my learning curve
would be easier.

There is no Maven build, but it's easy enough to build JMeter using
the supplied Ant build file and there are some instructions for
Eclipse.

There's no need to build JMeter if you just want to create an add-on,
see the file

extras/addons.txt