jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jmeter_User <umesh.hosa...@wipro.com>
Subject Excluding jpeg, js, png files while recording
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:54:34 GMT

Hi All,
 I have a question regarding excluding the .jpeg, .png, .js, .gif files
while recording.

 Is it advisable to exclude these while recording and performing the load
test excluding those?

 Because if I dont exclude, many http request's get created for each of the
js or jpeg files. When I will do the load test, it will request the server
for each of those files and will consume server. Which will affect the
response times for other transactions/steps. If I disable or exclude the
images or js files, the response time may be improved for other
transactions/steps.
 Some places its mentioned its advisable to exclude it, just want to confirm
on it.

 Thanks in advance.